LeafWatch: Conker Tree Science
- App available for iPhone and Android
- Over 5000 unique records collected in first 3 months
- Featured on the BBC’s The One Show, Radio 4, Sunday Times – even tweeted by Stephen Fry!
- Created most comprehensive information on the UK distribution of Cameraria ohridella to date
- Multi-award winning project
Since 2002 Britain's conker trees have been under attack from a non-native moth - Cameraria ohridella - and you can help scientists at the Universities of Bristol and Hull monitor what's happening.
The Leaf Watch app, available for free from the iTunes App Store and Android Market, shows you how to identify affected trees and enables you to submit your geo-located leaf photos. This data will show our scientists where the moth is present within the UK today. Your reports will contribute to the Conker Tree Science research project.
See the project website here: Conker Tree Science Website
- Date of launch:
- University of Bristol, University of Hull
- Project website:
- Conker Tree Science Website
- Funded by: